in Manzano Historico, Mendoza Province
Horse Riding Holiday in Argentina
The “Manzano histórico” area and the extraordinary Cordillera del Portillo never ceases to amaze. Trekking Travel invites you to live three days in a fabulous and unforgettable experience!
- Horseback ride to Portillo Argentino
- Admire the splendid view of the colossal Andes mountain range
- Transportation of equipment on 4×4 vehicule
- Meals and drinks are provided
- Service of a mountain guide
- 3 days/ 2 nights accommodation with instruction
Minimum group size
This trip requires a minimum of 2 participants
Select arrival date
- Trail Riding
- Point to Point Trails
Airport transfer available:
Gov. Francisco Gabrielli International Airport (El Plumerillo) (US$30 per person)
During the trip, you will stay in a double or triple-occupancy tent or in gaucho beds (using the saddle).
Day 1: Mendoza / Manzano Histórico – horseback riding starts
Transfer from the city of Mendoza to “Manzano Histórico” (130 kilometers). Then, start the ride. You will arrive at the Portinari Refuge, there customs formalities and registration procedures will be carried out before the National Gendarmerie authorities. At noon, lunch box with refreshments and then a resumption of the ride mounted on the horses. In the Scaravelli Refuge (called «Real La Mula Muerta»), you will prepare the camp to spend the first night in the mountain range. Dinner and campfire.
Day 2: Ascend to the Argentine Portillo
After breakfast, once prepared the load and the animals, you will start a day that will not give a break to your senses. This time, the horses took you to the porthole called “Portillo Argentino” at 4380 m.a.s., from which you can contemplate a splendid view of the colossal Andes mountain range. Lunch in a frame of singular beauty. Return to the camp. The night will find you next to the campfire enjoying a delicious dinner that will give you energy for the next day.
Day 3: Manzano Histórico – Mendoza
The end of the horseback riding approaches. Breakfast opens the way to the last day. The mountain range appears imposing and little by little it says goodbye. The horse guides you to a moderate pace place until where you stop for lunch. After a short break, you will start the final leg of the ride, thanking the mountain and the animals that made it possible. Arrive at “Manzano Histórico” where a vehicle waits for you for the transfer to the city of Mendoza. End of tour and services.
Previous experience: this cavalcade is designed for all audiences, whether they are experts or beginners. The horses that are used are docile and accustomed to the mountainous trails, therefore it does not need previous experience or knowledge to be able to ride.
Itineraries: the itineraries of horseback riding can experience changes depending on customers and weather conditions. The different itineraries have a common thread that is Trekking Travel’s main objective: making the horseback riding trips come to a real expedition on horseback, enjoying every moment of the wild nature and the most varied and impressive Andean landscapes.
This horse riding holiday will start from Base Manzano, Manzano Historico, Mendoza, Argentina.
The high mountain pass Portillo Argentino 4380 m, located in the Argentinean Range, is the gate to an old trail used by ‘arrieros’ (muleteers) and travelers, such as General San Martín, to cross the Andes.
All meals and drinks during the riding expedition are included in the price.
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
- Regular (typically includes meat and fish)
If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
- Reception in the city of Mendoza
- Round trip transfer from the city of Mendoza to the starting point of the ride
- 2 nights accommodation in tents (double and triple occupancy igloo tents) or in gaucho beds (using the saddle)
- Docile horses with mounts
- Transportation of equipment on 4×4 vehicle (up to 8 kg per person)
- All meals and drinks during the riding expedition
- Professional mountain guide, “baquianos” (experimented locals) and “arrieros” (muleteers) permanently
- Complete campaign team
- First aid kit
- Satellite phone for emergencies (does not include private calls)
- Personal accidents insurance
What’s not included
- Sleeping bag
- Personal equipment (clothing, etc.)
- Meals not specified in the program
- Personal expenses (telephone calls, tips, laundry, etc.)
- Insurance or medical assistance
- Any cost derived from the early abandonment of the program
- Airport transfers
Book with flexible conditions
Need to cancel your trip due to COVID-19? Cancel up to 7 days prior to the arrival date and you can reschedule your booking free of charge, or receive store credit for your non-refundable deposit to use at another time.
We are entirely at your service to answer your questions Don’t hesitate to contact us!
Contact form (click here) and we will contact you shortly