Horseback Riding, 3 days
Horseback riding «Manzano Historico» – 3 days
The “Manzano histórico” area and the extraordinary Cordillera del Portillo never ceases to amaze.
We invite you to live three days in a fabulous and unforgettable experience!
- Reception in the city of Mendoza.
- Round trip transfer from the city of Mendoza to the starting point of the ride.
- Lodging during the stay in tents (double and triple occupancy igloo tents) or in gaucho beds (using the saddle).
- Docile horses with mounts.
- Transportation of equipment on mules. Up to 8 kg per person.
- All meals and drinks during the riding expedition.
- Professional mountain guide, “baquianos” (experimented locals) and “arrieros” (muleteers) permanently.
- Complete campaign team.
- First aid kit.
- Satellite phone for emergencies (does not include private calls).
- Personal accidents insurance.
Services not included:
- Sleeping bag.
- Personal equipment (clothing, etc.).
- Meals not specified in the program.
- Personal expenses (telephone calls, tips, laundry, etc.).
- Insurance or medical assistance.
- Any cost derived from the early abandonment of the program.
Day 1: Mendoza / Manzano Histórico – Horseback Riding
Transfer from the city of Mendoza to “Manzano Histórico” (130 km). Start of the ride. We will arrive at the Portinari Refuge, there customs formalities and registration procedures will be carried out before the National Gendarmerie authorities. At noon, lunch box with refreshments and then resumption of the ride mounted on the horses. In the Scaravelli Refuge (called «Real La Mula Muerta»), we will prepare the camp to spend the first night in the mountain range. Dinner and campfire.
Day 2: Ascent to the Argentine Portillo
After breakfast, once prepared the load and the animals, we will start a day that will not give a break to our senses. This time, the horses took us to the porthole called “Portillo Argentino” at 4380 m.a.s., from which we can contemplate a splendid view of the colossal Andes mountain range. Lunch in a frame of singular beauty. Return to the camp. The night will find us next to the campfire enjoying a delicious dinner that will give us energy for the next day.
Day 3: Manzano Histórico / Mendoza
The end of the horseback riding approaches. Breakfast opens the way to the last day. The mountain range appears imposing and little by little it says goodbye. The horse guides us to a moderate pace place until where we stop for lunch. After a short break, we will start the final leg of the ride thanking the mountain and the animals that made it possible. Arrive at “Manzano Histórico” where a vehicle waits us for transfer to the city of Mendoza. End of tour and of our services.
Previous experience: this cavalcade is designed for all audiences, whether they are experts or beginners. The horses that are used are docile and accustomed to the mountainous trails, therefore it does not need previous experience or knowledge to be able to ride.
Itineraries: the itineraries of the horseback riding can experience changes depending on customers and weather conditions. The different itineraries have a common thread that is our main objective: making our horseback riding trips come a real expedition on horseback, enjoying every moment of the wild nature and the most varied and impressive Andean landscapes.
Formulario de contacto: Click aquí
Movil / WhatsApp: +54926153068707